Tag Archives: Elijah L. Hill

Mother Lizzie Robinson / Rev. Elijah L. Hill Collection to be Dedicated October 4, 2013

Mother Lizzie Robinson

The Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center (FPHC) is delighted to announce the dedication of a significant collection of Church of God in Christ (COGIC) historical materials.

The Mother Lizzie Robinson / Rev. Elijah L. Hill Collection will be dedicated on Friday, October 4, at 2 p.m. in the William Seymour Chapel at the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary.

Mother Lizzie Robinson (1860-1945), the organizer of the COGIC Women’s Department, served alongside Bishop Charles H. Mason in an important role in the formational decades of the COGIC. As head of women’s auxiliaries, she founded the Prayer and Bible Band and the Sewing Circle.  She also helped to lay the foundation for the creation of the Missions Department (originally known as the Home and Foreign Missions Band). Elijah Hill, a COGIC minister and historian, deposited Robinson’s personal papers at the FPHC.

The public is welcome to attend the dedication service. The service will honor Lizzie Robinson and highlight the legacy of women in the COGIC. Elijah Hill, who has authored seven books, including a biography of Robinson, will speak on Mother Robinson’s life and legacy. Glenda Goodson, who has authored a history of pioneer women COGIC missionaries, will also participate in the program, providing an overview of the history of women in ministry in the COGIC. FPHC Director Darrin Rodgers will emcee the program and AGTS President Byron Klaus will deliver the dedicatory prayer. Dr. David Knox and Minister Quinci Williams of Deliverance Temple will lead worship with an introduction to Church of God in Christ hymnody. Zollie Smith, Executive Director Assemblies of God U.S. Missions, and representatives from Timmons Temple Church of God in Christ will also participate.


The Mother Lizzie Robinson / Rev. Elijah L. Hill Collection includes the papers of Robinson and her daughter Ida F. Baker, as well as other publications collected by Hill. The collection includes approximately 500 original photographs (circa 1899-1960s), approximately 100 publications, and Hill’s research files on Robinson.

A panel discussion featuring Elijah Hill, Glenda Goodson, Darrin Rodgers, and Assemblies of God missions historian Barbara Cavaness Parks is also scheduled to be filmed.

The Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center, located in Springfield, Missouri, is the largest Pentecostal archive and research center in the world. The Center collects historically significant materials from across the denominational, ethnic, linguistic, and national divides within the broader Pentecostal and charismatic movements. For additional information about the dedication, contact the Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center by email (archives@ag.org) or toll free by telephone (877-840-5200).


Do you have Pentecostal historical materials that should be preserved? Please consider depositing these materials at the Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center (FPHC). The FPHC, located in the Assemblies of God national offices, is the largest Pentecostal archive in the world. We would like to preserve and make your treasures accessible to those who write the history books.

Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center
1445 North Boonville Avenue
Springfield, Missouri 65802 USA
Phone: 417.862.1447 ext. 4400
Toll Free: 877.840.5200
Email: Archives@ag.org


Filed under News